Our commitment is underpinned by our core values of integrating a caring culture and company values.
Commitment to employees, customers, communities and the environment.
TORONTO, August 25, 2023 /CNW/ – Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc. (“Sleep Country” or “Company”) ZZZ Sleep Country, Canada’s leading specialty sleep retailer, is pleased to present its second annual ESG report for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2022. This ESG report provides an overview of its progress and performance identifying how Sleep Country continues to drive positive and sustainable change. , while measuring its impact.
“Building on what we have done since the inception of Sleep Country, our approach to ESG is woven right into our organization. Our strategy is to build a better tomorrow. We take into account the decisions we make today to ensure that we can do our part.” Over the past year, our talented team has been committed to diversity and compassion while prioritizing our impact on our communities and the environment. We continued to focus on cultivating a culture, working with other organizations to introduce innovative solutions to reduce our carbon footprint, while supporting our communities with a variety of donations, including: It’s a sleep necessity for the most vulnerable people in our country.” Stewart Shafer, Sleep Country President and CEO. “As we look to the future, we remain committed to our vision of improving the well-being of all people. I will continue my journey to
“The entire Sleep Country team is dedicated to executing our multiple ESG initiatives, including driving product and channel innovation, implementing a multifaceted recycling and donation program, and championing transparency and ethical governance. Execution of our ESG strategy is our commitment to our stakeholders “to provide high quality, ethically sourced sleep solutions that improve the lives of our customers.” Craig De PrattChief Financial Officer and ESG Executive Sponsor of Sleep Country.
Sleep Country’s 2022 ESG highlights include:
- 48.0% of our senior executive team are women
- 23.0% of our senior leadership team are in the visible minority
- $904,000 A substantial amount of sleeping accessories were donated to various organizations, including war-displaced people. Ukraine
- $308,000 Cash donations to various organizations, including the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
- Expanded employee benefits to include additional family leave and additional parental leave
- Created over 1.1 million face-to-face touchpoints for customers, serviced by over 1,100 sleep professionals
- Over 158,000 mattresses diverted from landfills through donation and recycling
- 75.0% of all Sleep Country retail stores have been updated with AI-enabled thermostats to improve efficiency and reduce emissions
- 100.0% of our suppliers and strategic partners have signed our Supplier Code of Conduct
To view the full Sleep Country 2022 ESG Report, click here.
About Sleep Country
Sleep Country is Canada’s leading specialty sleep retailer dedicated to transforming lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep. Sleep Country operates under the banners of Sleep Country Canada, Dormez-vous, Endy, Silk & Snow, Hush and recently acquired retailers. Casper Canada. The company operates an omnichannel and e-commerce business that includes 295 corporate-owned stores and 19 warehouses across Canada. Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital, Sleep Country is committed to building a culture of inclusion and diversity that embraces and values differences. is. We invest aggressively in our sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experiences, communities and employees. For more information on Sleep Country, visit ir.sleepcountry.ca.
Source Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc. Investor Information
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2023/25/c3339.html