DSW Kenya is one of the East African countries offices of the German Society for Social Welfare (DSW), a global development organization exercising sexual and reproductive health and rights and addressing the challenges faced by young people. It is a registered non-governmental organization. their need for medical services.
DSW promotes informed, independent, and informed sexual and reproductive life for all young people, especially girls and young women, to live disease-free lives and have adequate access to sex education, health services and modern contraceptives. I envision a world of choice.
DSW is looking for talent project officer
Reports to: National Team Coordinator, Program and Advocacy
The Project Director is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, supervision and implementation of a series of projects with the goal that all programs will deliver the desired outcome for DSW Kenya. She or he ensures the success of the project by planning and organizing activities as well as performing critical operational duties.
She or he must be a good leader, with experience working with staff from different disciplines to deliver timely results and deploying efficient strategies and tactics.
- Coordinating programs and leading the implementation of project activities in the region, in particular the pilot program Direct 2 Consumer with Access to Modern Contraceptives.
- Create and manage annual work plans and budgets for projects. Prepare and submit timely, high quality project reports to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Maintain good relationships with DSW Kenya, DSW Germany P&P Divisions and their external donors in cooperation with the National Division Manager’s Program and Project and Business Development National Team Coordinators.
- Work with the National Division Manager and the National Team Communications Coordinator to support DSW Kenya media engagement for visibility and profiling purposes.
- We work closely with relevant support departments to ensure seamless processes for procurement, reimbursement, etc.
- Work closely with the program team to lead the delivery of technical assistance, development efforts, youth and implementation partner training.
- Leads and oversees partner coordination at project sites, participates in regional stakeholder meetings, and coordinates regular project reviews and reflections taking into account the latest contraceptive procurement.
- Build and strengthen strategic networks and partnerships with key stakeholders, including policy makers, existing advocacy networks within program areas, and link advocacy work to national policy agendas.
- Regular visits to project areas to thwart challenges and ensure project implementation is on track.
- Collaborate with the National Team Coordinator’s research and assessment to support the generation of evidence and the documentation of good practices for lesson learning and knowledge sharing.
- Support resource mobilization efforts to ensure continued resource availability for the DSW program.
- Responsible for managing project teams and coordinating human resources in collaboration with the National Division Manager Program and Projects and the National Team Coordinator Program and Advocacy.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
requirements and experience
- degree in public health.
- A master’s degree in social sciences and public health would be an added advantage.
- Relevant trainings on project management, participatory methodologies, gender equality and related areas are further advantageous.
- Good understanding of adolescent and adolescent development, gender equality and women’s empowerment, sexuality and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) programs, including access to modern contraceptives and youth-friendly services in the health sector.
- Excellent networking and capacity building skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have at least 5 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably in an NGO environment
- Hands-on experience in project management and writing reports for international donors
- Excellent skills in capacity building, oral and written communication, networking, collaboration and maintaining partnerships with adolescents, youth and women in low resource settings.
- Proficient in using computers, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Internet-based platforms
- Ability to inspire team members and work independently.
- Ability to work with and understand youth while maintaining professionalism
- A high level of personal integrity.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your application documents (resume and motivation letter). Expected Salary please refer to”Project Officer Nakul Clearly indicate in the email subject line: Jobs@dswkenya.org
Application Deadline: Thursday, August 24, 2023 COB.
Ideal start date: immediately.
Please note that only final candidates will be contacted. DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require payment from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.