Georgia State University provides an environment where students can prioritize physical activity alongside their academics. To help students maintain a healthy lifestyle, this guide outlines various ways to stay physically active on campus. By highlighting common spots and advice, we promote physical health and provide a variety of creative routes for students to enjoy.
- Use the campus recreation center: The Campus Recreation Center stands as the foundation of fitness and health at Georgia State University. It features a state-of-the-art athletic facility, indoor track, basketball court, group fitness classes, and rock climbing. Recreation centers offer a variety of options to suit different tastes and fitness levels. Participating in group classes or individual workouts at CRC fosters a supportive atmosphere and encourages students to work toward their fitness goals.
- Participate in intramural sports: Participating in intramural sports provides an outlet for friendly competition and camaraderie. Georgia State University offers a variety of intramural sports, including basketball, soccer, and volleyball, catering to both experienced athletes and beginners. Joining a team not only improves physical fitness, but also promotes teamwork, communication, and social connections.
- Enjoy an active commute: Take advantage of Georgia’s urban location and incorporate active commuting into your daily routine. Walking or cycling to campus not only contributes to physical activity, but also reduces your carbon footprint. Take advantage of designated bike lanes and pedestrian-friendly walkways to make active commuting a convenient and sustainable option.
- Participate in fitness challenges and events. Another way to stay active on campus is by participating in Georgia State University fitness challenges and events. From step challenges to charity walks, these events provide a platform to set and achieve fitness goals while bonding with fellow students. These activities foster a sense of community and a shared commitment to well-being.
- Join us for a mind and body health class: We prioritize holistic health through mind-body classes that promote harmony between body and spirit. Georgia State Wellness Centers frequently offer mindfulness workshops, including yoga, meditation, and journaling. These classes contribute to reduced stress, improved concentration, and overall well-being.
- Make the most of your campus walking tour. Combine physical activity with campus exploration with a guided walking tour. These tours provide insight into the university’s history, architecture, and resources, while providing an engaging way to increase your step count and enjoy the area around campus. This activity is most beneficial for new students as it also provides a sense of community by socializing and making new friends along the way.
Incorporating these six strategies for staying physically active at Georgia State University is consistent with the university’s commitment to fostering a balanced and healthy student experience. Students can improve their academic performance by taking advantage of campus recreation centers, participating in intramural sports, taking an active commute, participating in fitness challenges, participating in wellness classes, and taking campus walking tours. You can create a balanced routine that supports both your and your physical goals. These strategies not only promote physical health, but also contribute to students’ overall well-being by reducing stress and improving mental clarity. By taking advantage of the various facilities and programs on campus, students can improve their academic performance while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.