Intel has released new WHQL driver updates for Arc GPUs and Iris Xe GPUs. The update has version number 184.108.40.20644 and Intel fixed a critical bug that caused sleeps, system hangs, and power cycles. in a blog postIntel Announces Adding Game On Support To New EA Football Game Madden NFL 24. The company claims that the new driver boosts games up to 87 fps at 1440p resolution on the Intel Arc A750 GPU.
The new driver update also includes Game On support. Wayfinder, a new fantasy RPG from developer Airship Syndicate and publisher Digital Extremes. Both games will launch on Steam on his August 17th.
Additionally, the new driver includes firmware updates for some Intel Arc graphics cards. Intel said:
This latest version offers improved stability, better fan behavior, bug fixes, and better compatibility with HDMI connections.
Here is the changelog:
Intel Game On Driver support for Intel Arc A series graphics:
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12) may experience an application crash during game launch.
- The system may hang when resuming from sleep. You may have to power cycle the system to recover.
- Blender 3.6 may experience an application crash during rendering operations if hardware ray tracing is enabled.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Shadow of The Tomb Raider (DX11) may crash the application after loading the game menu.
- Characters may exhibit texture corruption in UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12).
- Topaz Video AI may encounter errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Adobe After Effects may crash the application during rendering operations.
Intel Iris Xe MAX graphics products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and graphics driver reinstallation may be required for a successful installation.
Intel Arc Control Fixed Issues:
- A virtual camera may intermittently fail on the camera page.
- You may see unformatted HTML data in the release notes on the Intel Arc Control driver page.
- After using “Reset Application Defaults”, the “Sort by” dropdown on the game page may disappear.
- Toggling the virtual camera enablement may appear as disabled during screen capture on the capture page.
- When using multiple displays, moving the Intel Arc Control window between displays may turn off onscreen capture and highlight capture.
- The clean install option may not be available on the Arc Driver page while updating to WHQL drivers.
- The preview toggle may be enabled incorrectly when the camera is being used by a Windows camera application.
- System power consumption may be slightly higher than expected during system sleep or hibernation if Intel Arc Control is installed.
- The background blur effect of the virtual camera may not change when you set the blur intensity from 50% to 100%.
- On-screen camera may not start when capturing games in full screen mode
- After disconnecting the camera, the last captured image may remain in the on-screen camera preview.
Intel ARC Control Known Issues:
- Using Arc Control Studio Capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- If you are using an HDMI display connection, the “Connector” type on the display page may incorrectly show DP.
- After a power event with the capture/highlight/broadcast toggle turned on, you may see a popup stating “stream is already finished”.
- Performance graphs may not scale correctly after resuming from sleep.