Position: Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Code : TR:17
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization that provides medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved areas. The organization is made up of medical and public health professionals from diverse backgrounds.
Please elaborate on your purpose and role.
code of conduct
MedGlobal’s Code of Conduct reflects the core beliefs and values of our profession of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to the practices and actions of MedGlobal’s employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, executive coordinators and directors.
The Code is organized into categories as follows:
- Always act fairly, honestly, honestly and openly. Respect the opinions of others and treat everyone equally and regardless of gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, birthplace, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age or sexual orientation. Treat with dignity.
- We provide a positive and rewarding experience for those who serve us both inside and outside MedGlobal.
Child protection policy
All forms of child abuse are unacceptable to MedGlobal. MedGlobal recognizes our responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of our work.
MedGlobal is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and applies a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
MedGlobal will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job seekers and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (including sexual or otherwise) is expressly prohibited and will not be tolerated. , citizenship status, disability, or military status. MedGlobal’s employees and related personnel shall, under no circumstances, be subject to any form of discrimination, harassment, abuse (physical, sexual, verbal), intimidation, exploitation, or in any other way, whether inside or outside the organization. But do not infringe on the rights of others.
The Health and Nutrition Coordinator has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Developing a complete work plan and budget plan for health and nutrition activities, ensuring that planned activities are implemented in accordance with the work plan and budget, in accordance with MedGlobal standards, and that program spending is in budget and pipeline Verify that you are following
- Encourage and support program/logistics/administrative/financial staff by providing appropriate training, guidance and supervision by technical leaders.
- Manage employee recruitment and training, work with HR to conduct performance monitoring, and ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Work closely with logistics to ensure uninterrupted supply of nutrition programs.
- Organize and monitor additional project-related procurement.Capacity development and alignment
- Evaluate training needs for nutrition staff. Develop a training program that meets these needs. Conduct nutrition training for project nutrition staff and Ministry of Health counterparts implementing nutrition programmes, with the support of health and nutrition supervisors, community-based acute malnutrition (CMAM), IYCF, and all aspects of health care. focus on
- Assist in the development/adaptation of nutrition education training manuals and facilitator’s guides based on existing national nutrition guidelines and curricula, and follow-up of training.
- Represents MedGlobal in coordinating conferences on health and nutrition with government agencies, international organizations, other NGOs and donors at the regional and district level.
- Establish and maintain smooth relationships and open cooperation with government and local stakeholders. Serve as a health and nutrition resource representative.
- Identify potential nutrition and nutrition-related projects for development and lead the development of concept notes or proposals in collaboration with interested partners and stakeholders.
- Plan and conduct nutritional assessments and surveys in accordance with nationally approved research protocols and incorporate assessment results into proposals.
- Ensure that a reporting system is in place for regular evaluation, monitoring, and assessment of program objectives and expected results. It conducts critical monitoring of all aspects of the health, CMAM and IYCF programs and identifies areas of concern.
- Develop, implement and evaluate quality assurance measures and ensure proper follow-up.
- Work with M&E personnel to create and provide regular monthly progress reports
- Perform other assigned duties. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily exhaustive.
Requirements and Skills:
A Health and Nutrition Coordinator should have the following skills, education and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field would be an added plus, with a degree in a health or nutrition-related field.
- Over 4 years of experience in NGOs in multiple countries with a focus on program planning and implementation principles and guidelines.
- Human resources management experience, including supervision, training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in writing project proposals, budgeting and reporting
- Experience with computer systems, data recording, and related software applications
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Maintain the flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of UN and INGO funding and partnership systems
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- We strongly encourage female applicants.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply via the link above.
Regardless of the end of the application period, we will review applications and determine candidates.