It’s no secret. Laundry is not the most enjoyable task. Not always fun, but necessary work. And when you’re done with that, a pile of clean-smelling clothes, towels, and sheets would be pretty awesome.
We’ve rounded up Amazon’s best-selling laundry supplies by consulting experts on the types of products that will help you do your laundry more efficiently and effectively.
skip ahead our top picks | How we picked the best-selling laundry products on Amazon | Amazon’s best-selling laundry detergent | Amazon’s best-selling stain remover | Amazon’s best-selling laundry accessories | How to make laundry more fun
our top picks
How we picked the best-selling laundry products on Amazon
We selected the following laundry items that were highly rated. In addition to the evaluation, we used expert guidance to determine the types of items that would be most helpful when laundering. Below is what they said.
- Detergent type: Pods, liquids and powders are the three most common types of laundry detergents on the market. Experts say many people are drawn to the pods because of their convenience—just grab them and throw them in the washing machine. “But I prefer liquids or powders,” says Becky Lapcik, He is the author of Simply Clean and the founder of Clean Mama, a website that provides home cleaning tips. “These formulas allow you to adjust usage depending on what you wash.” I have included all types.
- Ingredients to remove stains: Both laundry detergent and stain remover help remove dirt and stains from dirty laundry. “Look for products that contain enzymes,” Lapinchuk says. “They help break down stains and wash them off items. They also help remove odors.”
- Helpful accessories: In addition to detergents and stain removers, there are many laundry accessories that can help make the clothing cleaning process go more smoothly. If you need to wash your underwear or other delicate items, put them in a mesh laundry bag to keep them from getting dirty in the washing machine, says Patrick Richardson, author of the book. laundry love. However, some items require air drying, so experts recommend having a drying rack. Consider wool dryer balls over dryer sheets if you plan to put items in the dryer. It’s eco-friendly, doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, and works great for softening items, Lapinchuk says. Below, we’ve included the top-rated mesh laundry bags, drying racks, and wool dryer balls.
Amazon’s best-selling laundry detergent
Pods, liquids, and powders are all widely available when it comes to laundry detergent. Experts say it ultimately comes down to personal preference, but Lapinchuk said the latter two have the advantage of being able to customize exactly how much you use.
tide pod laundry detergent
A #1 best-selling laundry pod on Amazon, this option combines concentrated detergent, stain remover, and color protector in one small pack. The brand says these pods have an average of 4.8 stars in more than 132,000 reviews on Amazon and leave clothes with a floral scent. To use, he places one or two pods in the washing machine basin before adding clothing. Then run the machine normally.
gain laundry detergent
This liquid detergent from Gain has an average of 4.7 stars in over 94,000 reviews on Amazon. The formula contains enzymes, which Lapinchuk notes can help wash away dirt and odors. The bottle’s cap doubles as a measuring cup, with markers to indicate where to pour small, medium, or large amounts.
Molly’s Suds Original Laundry Detergent
This Amazon best-selling powdered laundry detergent has an average of 4.6 stars from over 13,000 reviews. Lapinchuk says people with sensitive skin like it because the powder does not contain artificial fragrances. According to the brand, the powder is made from earth-based ingredients and one bag can handle up to 120 loads of laundry.
Amazon’s best-selling stain remover
Laundry detergent can help remove regular stains, but if you’ve spilled something like coffee or ink on the stain, you can use a stain remover.
miss mouse stain treater
This spray stain remover has an average of 4.4 stars in over 43,000 reviews on Amazon. The brand says the formula contains citric acid and glycerin to remove stains and is non-toxic, making it a great choice for children’s clothing. To use, spray onto stain, wipe with a cloth or towel, then rinse off (either by hand or machine).
Oxyclean Ooblaster Odor/stain remover
Oxyclean is made up of something called oxygen bleach, a stain remover that Richardson prefers over chlorine bleach. Oxygen bleach removes stains without bleaching the item’s color. To use this product, which has an average of 4.7 stars in over 25,100 reviews on Amazon, soak the soiled item in a mixture of 1 scoop per gallon of water for up to 6 hours before placing in the washing machine . they.
Tide to Go Stain Remover
These Tide to Go smudge removal pens have an average of 4.7 stars from over 35,800 reviews. Designed for on-the-go use, it fits neatly in your bag or pocket. Tide says it can be used on coffee, stains, wine spills, and more. To use this item, simply wipe the Access Liquid from the stain, dab the stain with the pen, and work in the cleanser. Let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe off the stain remover.
Amazon’s best-selling laundry accessories
Experts agree that in addition to detergents and stain removers, there are some tools that can help make the laundry process run smoother.
handy laundry wool dryer balls
These wool balls are Amazon’s best-selling dryer balls and are intended to replace dryer sheets to make clothes softer and reduce static cling. Mr. Lapchik is also a dryer. He likes balls. Because it’s better for the environment than dryer sheets, which are used once and then thrown away. Simply toss the ball into the dryer with your wet clothes and it’s ready to go. Handy says it can also lift and separate items as they bounce, allowing hot air to circulate better, thus reducing drying time. These wool dryer balls can be purchased in sets of 4, 6 or 12. There is no limit to how many can be used at a time, but as a general guideline, the more laundry you have, the more you should load and load into the dryer. Brand says each ball can be used by him more than 1,000 times. These Wool His Dryer Balls have an average of 4.6 stars in his over 71,00 reviews on Amazon.
MuchFun honeycomb mesh laundry bag
“I consider mesh laundry bags to be a must-have for washing delicate items like socks, sweaters, lingerie and accessories,” says Richardson, noting that these items can be placed in a laundry bag and used for other items. It says it can prevent it from getting caught. With over 24,500 reviews on Amazon and an average of 4.7 stars, this set comes with three 12″ x 16″ zippered mesh bags. According to the brand, this means the bag can hold items like bras, sweaters, and even sneakers.
AmazonBasics folding laundry rack
When washing clothes, always follow the care instructions on the tag. Some items may require air drying. A clothesline is useful in such cases. When unfolded and hung, air circulates around the item to dry it completely. This is Amazon’s best-selling laundry rack with an average of 4.7 stars from over 57,000 reviews. It can hold up to 32 pounds of clothing and has 11 bars for hanging items.
Expert advice to make laundry less tedious
Laundry may not top your list of fun things to do, but it doesn’t have to be an outright pain. To make things go smoother, experts suggest the following tips:
- Prepare your essentials: “Being prepared makes everything easier, including laundry,” says Richardson. Having laundry supplies within reach makes the process go more smoothly, she says. Place the detergent and stain remover next to the machine. That way, you can easily add more soap, and if you find a stain while throwing something in the machine, you can reach for the stain remover to take care of it right away.
- Run it often: It makes sense to avoid a job you don’t like, but you don’t have to. When the laundry piles up, it becomes difficult and takes time. Lapinchuk recommends washing your laundry as soon as it’s full, even if it’s daily. Doing it in small increments makes it more manageable, she says.
- Mix everything together: “Give the whole family a basket,” Lapinchuk says. Have them drop all their dirty clothes there. And when the basket is full, toss everything in the washing machine and use cold water, she says. The cold prevents bleeding and allows whites and light people to perform one large load instead of having separate loads. The only exceptions to this rule are if you want to bleach the white, or if you have new dark denim or brightly colored clothing, which may come off in the first few washes.
Meet our experts
At Select, we work with professionals who have expertise and authority based on relevant training and experience. In addition, we take steps to ensure that all professional advice and recommendations are made independently and without confidential financial conflicts of interest.
- Becky Lapinchuk Author of Simply Clean and founder of Clean Mama, a website that provides cleaning tips for your home.
- Patrick Richardson He is the host of HGTV’s The Laundry Guy and the author of The Laundry Guy. laundry love.
Why Trust Select?
Bethany Heitman is an NBC Select contributor and journalist who regularly covers topics such as beauty, home and lifestyle. For this article, she interviewed two of her experts to gather advice on what to look out for when shopping for laundry supplies.
Read Select’s in-depth coverage. personal loan, technology and tools, wellness and so on, please follow Facebook, Instagram, twitter and tick tock to keep you up to date.